{"id":5019,"date":"2021-05-07T11:17:51","date_gmt":"2021-05-07T15:17:51","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/talk.talktotucker.com\/?p=5019"},"modified":"2021-11-07T21:44:23","modified_gmt":"2021-11-08T02:44:23","slug":"credit-score-fitness-how-do-i-improve-my-credit-score-or-keep-it-high","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/talk.talktotucker.com\/buying-and-selling\/credit-score-fitness-how-do-i-improve-my-credit-score-or-keep-it-high\/","title":{"rendered":"Credit Score Fitness: How Do I Improve My Credit Score or Keep It High?"},"content":{"rendered":"
<\/div>\n

<\/p>\n\n\n\n

You\u2019re starting to have some clear goals about your future, and you know that a good credit score can help you achieve them — particularly if those goals happen to include homeownership.<\/p>\n\n\n\n

Your credit score not only controls your ability to get a mortgage loan<\/a>, but it also affects your loan\u2019s interest rate. A good credit score can, then, not only help you get your dream home but save you thousands of dollars over time.<\/p>\n\n\n\n

So what can you do to keep your credit score where you need it? Or, if your credit score is lower than you\u2019d like, what can you do to boost it a bit higher? We\u2019ve got the information you need.<\/p>\n\n\n\n

<\/p>\n\n\n\n

1. Understand How Credit Scores Work<\/strong><\/h3>\n\n\n\n

Your credit score (also called a FICO score) is a three-digit number that ranges anywhere between 300 to 850. The score is seen as an indicator of how reliable you are when it comes to managing your money and repaying your debts, and a higher score is better.<\/p>\n\n\n\n

While every lender has unique criteria when it comes to acceptable credit scores, a credit score between 670 and 739<\/a> is generally considered good, while a credit score between 740 and 799 is very good — and anything over 800 is excellent. <\/p>\n\n\n\n

A score less than 670 means your credit is either only \u201cfair\u201d or \u201cpoor,\u201d which is likely to restrict which lenders you can use and cause you higher interest rates on your loans. <\/p>\n\n\n\n

Your credit score goes up and down a little all the time due to monthly changes in:<\/p>\n\n\n\n